Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fat Fantastic

Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



queershoulder: California:NO ON PROP 35!!! Here is why! PLEASE...



queershoulder:

California:NO ON PROP 35!!! Here is why!

PLEASE REPOST!

Naomi updates: the law is so poorly written. Sharmin Brock said I would not be required to register as a sex offender based on my previous convictions, however there are other problems in the law that would target sex workers who support eachother or run businesses AND marginalized homeless youth who work the streets together and have no "manager" (like I did when I was 14). Those youth could be charged with trafficking and lifetime sex offender registration and monitoring. People YOU MUST read this entire bill. Don't just count on the summary to do your thinking for you.

We are alarmed at Prop 35, and because it's so badly written and so misdirected it is unclear who will be effected and how! Read the law itself, critiques by California attorneys, and sex worker and human rights advocates to understand how broad the definitions will be. Read about the numerous serious problems with this legislation…and try to figure out if you or your friends could be targeted within the parameters of Prop 35. http://www.againstthecaseact.com/.


I was very concerned when Naomi Akers emailed me with this message. Of course I realized that the CASE Act would be effecting my community, but I am appalled and hadn't considered that the long time Director of the St. James Infirmary would be a target. Meanwhile, the CASE Act proponents are actually trying to tell us that we just have to trust the police. I am not kidding—that's their talking point. More info at http://www.againstthecaseact.com/.

Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo













Photo



Photo



Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment